Xarelto Is a blood thinner prescribed to patients to stop blood from clotting. The drug is also prescribed to lower the risk of stroke that may be caused from blood clots. It was released to market in 2012, manufactured by Bayer and marketed by Janssen Pharmaceuticals.
Like most drugs, Xarelto has side effects that may cause discomfort or harm to the patient. The FDA currently identifies the following side effects with Xarelto:
- Bleeding or bruising easy.
- Pain, swelling, or drainage from an area where a needle has pierced the skin.
- Extended bleeding from a wound or needle injection.
- Headaches, weakness, or dizziness, feeling like you might pass out.
- Discolored urine.
- Blood in stool.
- Coughing up vomit.
- Pain in muscles.
- Pain in the arms or legs.
Because Xarelto does not have an antidote, or, another drug to stop bleeding when it is necessary, there are certain severe side effects that patients have experienced. These severe side effects include bleeding from the rectum, bleeding from the brain, bleeding from the abdomen or intestine, and hemorrhaging.
Consumers feel they were not warned of these severe side effects by Bayer and Janssen Pharmaceuticals. Those who have experienced severe side effects or have been by the side of a loved one experiencing severe side effects are taking action and filing lawsuits against Bayer and Janssen. The similar case of blood thinner Pradaxa, saw defendants awarded over $650 million in 2014 and a similar payout is expected for those suffering from Xarelto side effects.
More than 50 cases have been submitted so far. If you think you might have a case against Xarelto, the following are reasons to find a lawyer and submit your case today:
- You cared for a loved one suffering from severe Xarelto side effects.
- You incurred debt from medical bills while suffering from Xarelto side effects.
- You incurred debt taking time off work while suffering from Xarelto side effects.
- You suffered emotional distress caring for a loved one suffering from Xarelto side effects.
- Have a desire to hold the manufacturer or marketing company responsible for releasing a dangerous drug to market with minimal warning of severe side effects and minimal research of hazards.
If one or more of those issues with Xarelto have affected you or a loved one, you may have a case. Your next step is finding a lawyer. To search for a lawyer, it is best to find someone who specializes in product liability cases. If possible, it is even better to work with a lawyer who has worked on a Xarelto case, or case dealing with a similar drug. You want to insure the lawyer you work with is someone you trust and who is extremely knowledgeable about the subject.
Product liability cases where more than 10 cases are expected to be presented are often handled by multi-district litigation. This means, a judge knowledgeable about the subject handles multiple similar cases at once. In the case of Xarelto, an expert judge in U.S. District of Louisiana is handling the cases. You might also want to find a lawyer who has experience dealing with multi-district litigations to ensure your case is being handled to the best of the lawyer’s ability.
The exclusive purpose of this article is educational and it is not intended as either legal advice or a general solution to any specific legal problem. Corporate offices for Nave DWI Defense Attorneys are located at 432 N. Franklin Street, Suite 80, Syracuse, NY 13204; Telephone No.: 1-866-792-7800. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Attorney Advertising.