The Fourth of July is one of America’s favorite holidays, filled with fun, food, fireworks, friends and family. Yet there is a very dark side to this holiday. In 2013, Forbes magazine named the Independence Day holiday “the most dangerous holiday of the year.”
This year, the Fourth falls on a Saturday which means, for most, festivities will begin Thursday evening and go till Monday, July 6th. Many times people make plans for the partying, but too many drivers don’t plan ahead to get home safely.
Far too many drivers around New York think its ok to drive buzzed. But you don’t have to be completely intoxicated to get charged with a drunk driving offense.
To crack down on drunk driving this Fourth of July, law enforcement will be out in full force, law enforcement will not be sitting back this Independence Day. If you’re caught driving drunk, you will be arrested. And keep in mind that aside from putting your life and the lives of others at risk, driving impaired can also lead to serious consequences. A DWI arrest can mean loss of your license, a financial burden, and even jail time.
Ride Home in Syracuse and Rochester
The team at Nave DWI Defense Attorneys is urging everyone to plan ahead this Independence Day. We have partnered with STEARCLEAR, a service to get you and your car home and stay safe this holiday.
These simple tips are courtesy of The Resource Training Center for a safe Fourth of July
- Plan a safe way home before the fun begins.
- If you’re impaired, call a taxi, ask a sober friend or a family member for a ride, or use public transportation so you are sure to get home safely.
- If you see an impaired driver on the road, don’t hesitate to contact local law enforcement.
- If you know someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to safely get to where they are going.
Here’s a look back at some of our previous holiday posts:
- Anti-DWI Campaigns Target St. Patrick’s Day
- CHP Enforced Stricter Regulations Memorial Weekend
- New Year’s Eve DWI Arrests
- Governor Announces Holiday DWI Crackdown
- Stop-DWI Planning Multiple Summer Crackdowns
The exclusive purpose of this article is educational and it is not intended as either legal advice or a general solution to any specific legal problem. Corporate offices for Nave DWI Defense Attorneys are located at 432 N. Franklin Street, Suite 80, Syracuse, NY 13204; Telephone No.: (315) 473-0899. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Attorney Advertising.